|Brand Name||Look chemical|
Propylene glycol alginate (PGA), abbreviated as PGA, belongs to alginate esters. Part of the carboxyl group of alginate is esterified by propylene glycol (more than 90%), while the remaining 10% of the carboxyl group is free or neutralized by alkali. Propylene glycol alginate is made from alginate extracted from natural seaweed by deep processing.
Appearance is white or yellowish white powder, almost odorless or slightly aromatic odor, tasteless, moisture absorption, easily soluble in cold water or warm water to form a viscous colloidal solution. It is insoluble in methanol, ethanol, benzene and other organic solvents.
Propylene glycol alginate can be used as food additive for emulsification, stabilization, foaming and thickening of food, and it is widely used in food, medicine and daily chemical industry.
Used as emulsifying stabilizer and thickening agent
Unlike sodium alginate, PGA has a low reactivity with calcium ions, so it can be used in products containing high calcium ions.
Propylene glycol alginate PGA is more expensive and is often mixed with other colloids. Because the viscosity of PGA is lower than CMC and guar gum, but the taste and stability are close to pectin, so PGA is often used with CMC and pectin to provide proper consistency and homogeneous and stable system to the products.
Relative density 1.46. Heated to 155℃, the color becomes brown, charred to 220℃, ashing at 400℃. The viscosity is constant when the content is 1% or a little lower, and the aqueous solution is stable below 60℃, but the viscosity decreases sharply at 100℃. Adding acidic agent can increase its viscosity.
Propylene glycol alginate has strong acid resistance, but poor alkaline resistance, and the viscosity is stable in pH3-4 for a long time. It is most stable at pH2-3, and easy to decompose at pH>6.5. So it has good stabilizing effect on protein under acidic condition, and also has unique foam stabilizing effect. However, this product will gradually become insoluble when it is stored at higher temperature for a long time.
As an experienced propylene glycol alginate (PGA) manufacturer and supplier. Look Chemical manufactures and supplies high quality products for customers all over the world.
The propylene glycol alginate produced by our company has stable performance and a wide range of uses, which can meet the various needs of different customers.
Offer you products at the best price. There are no middlemen to make the difference, saving you production costs while getting high-quality products.
Over the years, we have actually worked with over 6,000 clients worldwide. With high-quality products and excellent service, our company has won many praises.
If you need PGA or its related products, please contact us. Our service team is at your service 24 hours a day.
I’m william, CEO of Look Chemical Co., Ltd. Welcome to visit our company. As China’s top Global Supply Specialist of chemicals, we have always been adhering to the principle of “service first, quality first, mutual benefit”, and we insist on Create value for customers and grow together with customers.
In the past few years , we have provided efficient and satisfactory services to more than 6000 customers and have been widely praised internationally. In the future, we will strive to provide more than 100,000 customers with professional and thoughtful services, and strive to become your first choice for worry-free purchasing chemicals in China , Hope to bring you a good cooperation experience. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.