The advantages of PLA are mainly as follows:
1.Poly (PLA) (PLA) is a novel biodegradable material made from starch derived from renewable plant resources such as corn. Starch raw materials obtained glucose through saccharification, and then fermentation of glucose and certain strains to produce high purity lactic acid, and then through chemical synthesis method to synthesize polylactic acid of a certain molecular weight. It has good biodegradability and can be completely degraded by microorganisms in nature after use, resulting in carbon dioxide and water, which does not pollute the environment. It is very beneficial to environmental protection and is recognized as an environmentally friendly material. Ordinary plastics are still incinerated, causing a large amount of greenhouse gases into the air, while polylactic acid plastics are buried in the soil to degrade, resulting in carbon dioxide directly into the soil organic matter or absorbed by plants, will not be discharged into the air, will not cause the greenhouse effect.
2. The mechanical and physical properties are good. Polylactic acid is suitable for blow molding, thermoplastic and other processing methods. It can be used to process all kinds of plastic products from industry to civil, packaged food, snack box, non-woven cloth, industrial and civil cloth. And then processed into agricultural fabric, health care fabric, dishcloth, sanitary articles, outdoor anti-ULTRAVIOLET fabric, tent cloth, floor mat surface and so on, the market prospect is very good.
3. Good compatibility and biodegradability. Polylactic acid is also widely used in the field of medicine, such as disposable infusion appliances, non-detachable surgical sutures, etc., low molecular polylactic acid as a drug sustained-release packaging agent, etc.
4. In addition to the basic properties of biodegradable plastics, PLA has its own unique characteristics. Conventional biodegradable plastics are weaker, less transparent and less resistant to climate change than conventional plastics.
5. Polylactic acid (PLA) is similar in basic physical properties to petrified synthetic plastics, that is, it can be widely used to make a variety of applications. Poly (lactic acid) also has a good gloss and transparency, comparable to those made from polystyrene, which is not available in other biodegradable products.
6. Polylactic acid (PLA) has the good tensile strength and the degree of stretch, polylactic acid also can produce all kinds of ordinary processing methods, such as: melt extrusion molding, injection molding, film forming, foaming molding and vacuum forming, and widely used polymer have similar forming condition, furthermore it also has the same as the traditional film printing performance. In this way, PLA can be made into a variety of application products according to the needs of different industries.
7. Polylactic acid (PLA) film has good air permeability, oxygen permeability and dioxide-dicarbon permeability, and it also has odor isolation properties. Viruses and molds easily adhere to the surface of biodegradable plastics, so there are concerns about safety and hygiene. However, PLA is the only biodegradable plastics with excellent antibacterial and anti-mildew properties.
8. When polylactic acid (PLA) is incinerated, its combustion heat value is the same as that of incinerated paper, which is half of that of traditional plastics (such as polyethylene). Moreover, no toxic gases such as nitrates and sulfides are released by incineration of PLA. The human body also contains lactic acid in monomer form, which indicates the safety of this decomposing product.